sources for sitka panels

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:08:41 -0600

>What most folks are calling Englemann spruce these days is probably not
>really Englemann spruce. It is probably a hybrid of Englemann and something
>I've heard referred to as mountain spruce, or mountain white spruce.
>
>Now, this is not altogether a bad thing. It turns out to have some rather
>nice qualities that some of the Canadian luthiers are finding to be quite a
>good tonewood.
>
>Del

No, not remotely a bad thing, as far as I can tell. I've been quite pleased
with the results I've gotten with these panels, and their rib stock too. I
just had the wrong name on the material. Still behind the curve in too many
directions, as usual. Long live Whatever Spruce (and decent crates).
Thanks, Del and Dale, for the information.

Ron N