Key Leveling

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:03:18 EST

In a message dated 01/27/2001 11:34:46 AM Central Standard Time,
ilvey@jps.net writes:

> Oh, I get it...you slide in the device until it touches the leveling
> sticking...Very clever!
>
> David I.
>
> On 27 Jan 2001, at 10:20, Kdivad@AOL.COM wrote:

Exactly, you slide the guage in between the key and the straight edge until
the double thickness of, for example, the .010 just slides freely but the
combination of the .010 and .015 will not go without dragging.

  I have also found it quicker to force 3 or 4 balance rail paper punchings
(.060) on the front rail key pins for the end keys and raise or lower them
until you get the correct key height for leveling.  The force fit provides
more than enough friction to support your straight edge (if you are not too
aggressive setting it down) and it is so quick this way as to be almost scary.

David Koelzer
Associate
DFW