Kawai Underlever Tray

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:35:45 -0000

I've run into this problem on several Kawai grands and am interested in any
input.  The plastic flanges that hinge the underlever tray either break or
the pins get loose or shear off.  Access to these without removing the
dampers seems most difficult.  Any suggestions as to how to approach
replacing these flanges without removing all the dampers would be
appreciated.  I am inclined to replace these flanges with wooden flanges.
Is this a standard flange?  Available from?

Thanks