Fw: Fw: Ditch the tuning pin bushings/revisited

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 11:42:51 -0700

     David

    I don't think the idea of plate bushings is flawed but only that =
when it is used as an excuse to short cut a nice tight fitting block to =
the flange which is what I've come to  assume after observing the lack =
of  fit on the Yam./and other oriental types with plate bushing.=20

       Has no one else observed this?
   Dale Erwin

----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Skolnik=20
To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Ditch the tuning pin bushings/revisited

Dale

I agree with you about the feel of a well executed Steinway style =
configuration, however, from your earlier post, in which you described =
converting a Yamaha to a Steinway style,  I'm not clear whether you are =
explicitly stating that you feel the bushing system to be inherently =
flawed. Can you clarify?