Thanks List

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:31:11 -0700

    Don't you just love that, Terry? Sometimes the appreciation we get =
from customers is worth more than the money we earn for working on their =
pianos.=20
    Last weekend I had a referral customer who has had a D. H. Baldwin =
for about six years. She was thinking of trading it in because she's =
never really been happy with it. A friend told her to see what I could =
do with it first.=20
    The piano had never really been prepared when she got it. I ended up =
doing about seven hours work on it right then/ Tuning, regulating, and =
alot of voicing on those rock hard hammers, and hammer reshaping. When I =
finally got done, I thought she was going to cry ( happy tears, no jokes =
please.)  Meant a lot to me to see her get the piano that she thought =
she was getting when she bought it.=20

  Thanks List. A couple weeks ago I sent in several posts regarding =
voicing, touchweight, etc. on an upcoming Yamaha grand service appt. I =
serviced that piano a week or so ago. She was very pleased at that time. =
I just got out of the shower and noticed a new message on my machine. It =
was her just wanting to say how pleased she is with the piano and that =
she doesn't remember it ever sounding so good! She had some friend over =
for the past week and they played duets daily. She is an advanced =
player. She said "I'll see you in six months.....and we'll look at some =
of the other improvements we discussed"!

  So hey! Thanks for helping to make me shine! What a way to start a =
day!

  Terry Farrell