getting punch(y)ings

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:00:34 -0800

I now use a wonderful steel box I bought at Harbor Freight Tools.  It is
just like the cheap plastic types but will never crack, chip, etc., very
professional looking.  I lined the lid with felt which seals each of the
compartments when it is closed so that the punchings don't slip out and
get mixed up.  I modified one compartment to double size to fit my dip
blocks and sharp leveler which fit perfectly.  As far as applying
punchings I use medium sized forceps.  These are basically the long
special jaw-like tweezers with a scissors type grip.  They are perfect
for picking up any sized punching right out of the box and placing them
over the pins.  The end of the tool has just enough of an edge on it to
to lift seated punchings off a pin.  It took a lot of time, trial, and
error but I think I have perfected the perfect system.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV