Dealers, Prep, real success

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:44:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/03 7:30:08 PM Central Daylight Time, bigda@gte.net
writes:

> If piano dealers would only realize that their business would radically
> increase if they treated their clients, and their pianos, with basic
> respect, that people can feel when they're being jived, taken advantage of,
> and lied to,
> it would be great.

This message should come from the manufacturers. If manufacturers would
encourage dealers to hire quality technicians, and pay them accordingly, and hire
salespeople who treat customers with respect, etc., everyone would come out a
winner.

I just bought a new car. At the end, the salesman asked us to fill out a
questionnaire put out by the manufacturer, which basically asked us about the kind
of service we got. We're supposed to fill out the questionnaire about a month
after we have the car, to make sure it is in good condition. This is not only
giving the manufacturer an idea of how we were treated on the sales floor,
but also how the car was "prepped" when we got it. I remember the same thing
happening several years ago when I bought a new van. If found out that the
salesmen and the dealer get bonuses from the manufacture if all answers were marked
"right."

Maybe if the piano manufacturers would do the same thing, maybe dealers and
salespeople would do a better job.

Wim