relocating knuckles. --Tooling

Sat, 29 May 2004 16:25:21 -0700

Dale:

If you are using my design for the carriage on a Router table you will have to increase the height to accomodate the hammer tail clearing the table.  I made that one for a Dremel table which is much narrower and the tail of the hammer hangs over the edge of the table.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 5/29/2004 8:41:18 AM
Subject: relocating knuckles. --Tooling

  List
  After our posts on this subject I found the parts available to do this. I ordered a cobalt double end mill from MSC part no.01714054 at 800-645-7270. $20.00 bucks. It has a 3/8" shaft & a .078 cutting ends. I thought the shaft size would be a problem but I discovered that a collet is made for a 1/2 router to adapt to it. I found this at Nordic specialty tools in Turlock ,Ca .The Part no is 65 at 209-634-9015. These folks will make custom router bits
  The guy at MSC also suggested a slotting saw (1&7/8") to run on the router & I cringed and said I like my fingers ,no thanks.
   Thanks to David love for his picture of his shank carraige. I'll post back the results after I get set up.
  Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357