Howdya get CA off of polyester???

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:29:06 EDT

Hi all,

I just finished tuning a satin walnut polyester piano that has a few loose
pins.  It's a couple of years old, and still under warranty, but I figured  I
try to CA a couple of pins anyway.

Just to prove that performing that operation requires care and patience, I
spilled a very small amount on the keyslip....:-([(
At least it isn't laquer.  I got most of it off before it had time to  set,
but as we all know, the stuff dries durned fast!  So there are a  couple of
very small marks on the front.

The finish doesn't appear to be damaged at all, and it's hardly visible,  but
I can see it.  I'd like to do right by the customer and get it off if
possible, but I didn't want to apply chemicals that might take the finish off in
conjunction with the glue...

If any of you have an idea about how to remove this stuff, please let me
know!

It's always on the fourth tuning of the day...

Thanks in advance!

Dave Stahl