Problems with new Steinways

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 12:53:28 MST 2006

I would suggest that a new action that plays like an overloaded Mack truck has nothing to do with any "finishing" procedures - that's a manufacturing mistake/neglect/ignorance.

I just serviced a newer S&S B on friday. Six leads in the bass keys, three in the high treble section. Talk about playing like an overloaded Mack truck. All that lead in the keys is not for a dealer to "finish" - that is definitely manufacturing mistake/neglect/ignorance. This thing hurt just tuning it (what tuning could be done between all the false beats - especially the many in the tenor section).

Terry Farrell