ethics question

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 15:27:04 MST 2006

I don't see the point of treating the dealer with a kid-glove approach.
The piano left the show room in that condition.  Evidently they had no
regard for the customer from the beginning, why should they have any now.
The tuner there must have noticed it. If not, they need better personnel.
Either way, no real service delivered.

If they are not forthcoming with customer service, why have to coax or coerce
them into maintaining their reputation.

One notice should be sufficient to a dedicated dealer. And the notice should
come from the customer, not a third party.

Don't pussy-foot around, you're not their lackey, take the gloves off...

I've refused dealer work because of the condition in which the pianos were
delivered, I told them not to call me anymore.  I get their pianos when they
are out of warranty and ready for genuine technical improvements. The
customers are surprised that the previous tuner (company man) was not
more conscientious. My reputation gets a boost from their service apathy.

Are dealer's tuners instructed not to point out problems because if the
customer doesn't perceive a problem...there is no problem?

Educate you customers. Generally, they do not have a clue as to how a piano
should play or sound. They figure it's supposed to play like that.
And what they
assumed was a "new" feel, is actually poor geometry which didn't 'play-in'.
--

Regards,

Jon Page