New Remington, Shoddy key bushings

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Sat Apr 28 15:55:23 MDT 2007

Kurt,

When I come across something like this, I have three, no, four options-
If I have a good relationship with the dealer, I call and ask (or tell them) how they will correct the problem. It may or may not lead to step 2
Check with the manufacturer. Samick has a very good customer service department - Jane Jones, 800-592-9393 Ext. 148
If it's only a couple, just handle it. My tuning fee includes 10-15 minutes of piano service.
Do nothing, maybe nobody will notice. This isn't an option for me, but we all know someone who would do this.
Oh, and one more thing, refer to them as "naturals" and "sharps". Tom Driscoll, head of the nomenclature police, is probably out picking up a supply of wet noodles to whip you with, right now.

Best regards,

Dave Davis, RPT