hammer return spring string

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Apr 26 19:13:08 MDT 2008

You replace the strings only.  There's some info in the archives on the
procedure but it's basically put the action on a cradle and then remove
every other assembly and let them dangle from the bridle straps.  Cut the
new threads to length.  Pull off the old threads.  Go through glue on one
side. Go back through and glue on the other side.  Engage the springs and
reinstall the assemblies and then do the other half.  Charge for four hours
plus pick up and delivery of the action.  Common repair.  Don't use cotton
thread.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com