[pianotech] elbows

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:18:05 MST 2012

In order to do this job without making a second trip, you have to already
have a set of elbows with you AND the time to do the job.  If you don't
also have time for the tuning, you'll have to return anyhow.  And I agree,
if you break one of the wippen flanks, or "wings," you'll have to take the
action out to repair it, unless you're really good with tweezers, CA glue,
whatever.  Why not just take the action to the shop, where you can also
tighten flange screws, file hammers, blow out dust and whatever else?
Besides, you don't have to worry about all those plastic crumbs flying all
over the client's carpet.  Woops, I forgot -- everyone has hardwood floors
now -- not as comfortable to work on.
--David Nereson, RPT