Weird ringing - HELP!!

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 05:17:58 MDT 2006

"Retensioning" an action spring is fine to do - that is how we adjust the tension. However, it should be done properly. The straight, or gently curved, portion of the spring should not be bent to adjust tension. Adjustment should be done at the spring fulcrum (what's the word for the part of the spring that has the loops and where most of the spring effect is located?) - the loops should be tightened or loosened.

It isn't clear to me what you mean by "messaged" - perhaps you did it the proper way...... :-)

Terry Farrell